Thursday 4 April 2013

Haruna: I have more to give Eagles

Dynamo Kiev midfielder Haruna Lukman says he have a lot to give Super Eagles whenever he’s recall to play for the team.
Young, creative, versatile and blessed with outstanding technique, Haruna is one of the poster boys of Nigeria's new style of football in 2007 when he led Golden Eaglets to victorious outing at FIFA U-17 World Cup in Korea.
The Dynamo Kiev midfielder has featured in all national team soccer groups and his last revelation was a chance to the 2010 World Cup where the team could not win a match before crashing out of the tournament and since then, Haruna’s chance in the senior team was limited even when his former boss Samson Siasia was appointed the coach, as he shut out the former Monaco star from his team.
The 22-year-old regularly demonstrates the ability that promises to make him a star on the global stage with Dynamo Kiev this season and has declares his readiness to honour the reporting call up.
Haruna believes that the way to return back to the national team is to give all for his club side as he’s already making wave in Ukraine this season.
"I always want to play for Nigeria, I appreciated every support given to me by the country right from U-17 to this level even though there was up and down but I am happy for my life today,” said Haruna.
"I think the best way to get a return to national team is to focus more on my club and give my best every week. I'm fighting to win my place back in Super Eagle right now, and nothing will change my mentality or the way I work - I will give everything every day, as I have throughout my career."
When he was asked if he felt disappointed for not been part of victory Super Eagles team in South Africa, he said: “To tell you the truth I didn’t have time to feel disappointed because i am still young for longer tournament for Nigeria. I always count myself lucky in the national team because I have tasted every stage but I think I have not enjoyed myself in terms of glory and consistency in the Super Eagles and that is why I will be back for glory.
“I’m happy because my form’s improving with Dynamo Kiev and because I’ve achieved my goal of getting back into the first team. The chance has come at a good time in my career and my personal life and I need to make the most of it now.
“I am a matured player, I have learnt a lot in this game over the recent time and I have the experience and the ability to anchor the midfield, I don’t have problem with that at all.”
“I made lots plans after my absence in the team and I wanted to come back stronger than before. On a personal level I'd like to do more - score more goals, get more assists and play more often and be part of another history in Nigeria.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment