Saturday 20 April 2013

EMENIKE tips Spartak for victory

SUPER Eagles striker, Emmanuel Emenike has tipped Spartak Moscow for victory against arch rival, CSKA Moscow in the much-anticipated derby clash on Sunday in the Russian Premier League.
Emenike has been out of action after sustaining injury at the 2013 Nations Cup where he emerged as the tournament top scorer as Super Eagles of Nigeria won their third AFCON trophy.
He said: “It would have been nice for me to play the game, but I won't be ready though I am giving all my support for my team wherever I sit. I will be in the stadium and I will be glad to see my team going for the victory. I am so confident that we have the team to win the derby. They have been doing well and that will give them motivation to go all the way for the maximum points.”
Emenike added that “a victory in the derby will spur us to more victories in the remaining games. I will be back for good, irrespective of our next opponent. I am looking forward to that.”
With his exploits at the 2013 AFCON, the ultimate goal getter said he’s hoping to return back to action with his top form. A nimble and fast striker, Emenike can cope with even the strongest of centre-halves, despite his relative lack of height at 5ft 11in for a perceived target man. Goals seem to come easy for him, providing he receives the right service.
The derby between CSKA Moscow and Spartak at Metropolitan Arena, Luzhniki will be witnessed by more than 60,000 spectators.

No comments:

Post a Comment