Wednesday 3 April 2013

‘Ecstatic’ Michael eyes Eagles consistency

Babatunde Michael (m)
Super Eagles new-boy Babatunde Michael says playing consistently in the Super Eagles team will bring out the best of him and also salutes Stephen Keshi over the surprise call up.
 
The 20 year-old winger could not make his dream debut for Eagles against Kenya last week when Kenya almost dent Nigeria’s hope of qualifying to 2014 World Cup in Brazil, thanks to Nnamdi Oduamadi late equalizer to put Keshi’s team in a driving seat.
Questions have risen by the Nigeria Football Federation over the invitation of Babatunde Michael who has once played for Heartland of Owerri before storming Europe but the talented star who has been dubbed as Africa Messi said he will do the talking on the pitch when the chance comes.
 
“I want to be in the team for as long as I can, it was a sweet memory meeting my senior colleagues at the camp. I have great respect for everybody even though we are all professionals but in life respect is a reciprocal. They made me feel at home,” Michael explained his Super Eagles experience.
“I am focusing on my club, to do better and get a recall to the national team and I am aiming to prove why Keshi invited me, I will be glad to do that for Nigerians.
“I am so grateful to what the coach has done for me and I wish to pay him back with good performance on my debut.”
The former Heartland of Owerri star is confident of claiming the maximum point when his club tackle Illichivets in the Ukrainian Premier league on Saturday.
“We are looking forward to finish the season on a high note, we are currently doing well and it is possible for us to make top five at the end of the season.
“It’s going to be a tough match for both teams but I think with our current form we can make some points.”

No comments:

Post a Comment