Saturday 6 October 2012

EMENIKE eyes derby victory against MUSA


Spartak Moscow striker, Emmanuel Emenike is looking forward to derby victory between CSKA Moscow and his club Spartak Moscow on Sunday as both clubs set Russia on fire.

Emenike who bagged a brace of goals as Spartak Moscow fell to Celtic in the UEFA Champions League match in Russia said there is no need looking back at Celtic defeat but rather looking forward to the derby game against CSKA Moscow which paraded Ahmed Musa.

"We need to forget the Celtic defeat, we caused it because we allowed them to get the chance which can happen to anybody or any team," said Emenike

"Beating Celtic could have cause more trouble for CSKA Moscow but as it is now, we just need to be focus and forget the past. I know it is not going to be an easy game couple to the fact that we denied them of a Champions league ticket last season."

"I could not believe that Spartak will be playing in this year Champions League because of the dicey game then, CSKA look more threaten than us last year but we show the fighting spirit to the end which I think can work for us on Sunday again.

"I don't believe CSKA can capitalize on our Champions League defeat, and that is Champions League, this is league, we must forget the Champions League for now and focus on the league and that is the mentality we are using to play the game."

"It was nice that I scored in the Champions League but I was sad for losing at the end but like I have said that I will not give up. Yes, I won't, both in my scoring and the team's qualification, we are on course, its just a matter of focus and determination.

"I want victory, I want maximum point for my club and we are ready to fight for it. Scoring goal is all about dedication and being there at the right time and a bit of luck but I am not keen on goal now but emphatic victory.
Spartak, last year's runners-up to Zenit St. Petersburg, are fourth points off Anzhi Makhachkala's lead in the Russian Premier League, in fifth position.

Victory over second-placed CSKA would propel them into second, if results elsewhere go the way of Unai Emery's team.
CSKA look to bounce back from last week's shock 2-0 defeat to Dynamo Moscow, which ended a run of six-straight wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment