Wednesday 19 September 2012

EMENIKE: Scoring against Barca will make my day

Spartak Moscow ace Emmanuel Emenike has restated his belief that his Russian club could upset mighty Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Wednesday.

Both teams clash in a UEFA Champions League game on Wednesday in front of the fans of the Catalan giants.

A confident Emenike, who at the weekend scored his second goal of the season for his Russian team, disclosed that he will play the game of his life against Barcelona and believes Spartak could run away with a famous win.

"The game against Barcelona has been on my mind. We are looking forward to the game with great expectations even though we are playing against the tournament favourites,” Emenike said.

“Barcelona are beatable and that is why they have not won all the trophies since inception, no team is invincible and all we need do is to give them a big fight. We are ready for them."

Emenike further said: "I scored at the weekend and that has boosted my confidence even more. When a striker does not hit the back of the net in about four games, there will be pressure, but I kept my focus and the coach as well as the team also kept the faith in me. And so I’m delighted that I was back scoring again.

“I want to keep scoring and I believe I can repeat same feat in Camp Nou to help my team shock the world.

“Getting a goal against Barca will make my day, but victory will take me to the top of the world.

“I have watched Barcelona games several times and I have seen their weaknesses which we can capitalise on.

“And I can't wait to debut in the UEFA Champions League group stage. It has been my long-term dream. Everybody loves the Barca style but we will take the battle to them."

The big Nigeria international striker said he fancies his chances against the Barcelona defence on Wednesday night.

"I think I can go past their defence. I don't care who man mark me. I will play my game and mind you Camp Nou is not a forbidden place to win.

"Everybody in my club, in Nigeria and world as a whole wants to see me display against Barca but I have put everything before God. I will not disappoint." 

No comments:

Post a Comment