Saturday 25 August 2012

AKINSOLA: I’m getting closer to La Liga


Former Nigeria Under-17 star Kabiru Akinsola has outlined his desire to score as many goals as possible to help his new Segunda A club, Racing Santander back to Spanish topflight after completing a season loan deal last week.

Akinsola, who was on loan at Segunda B side Cadiz from Granada in the La Liga last season, netted 12 goals from 23 games and was the club’s leading goal scorer and second top scorer in the Segunda B.

Now, Racing Santander have announced the signing of the Nigerian international from Granada after completing an initial loan deal in Cardiz CF till end of next season with an option of permanent deal.

"I'm very happy to be here, Racing are a huge club. I hope to score as many goals as possible to lift the club back to the topflight next season. Of course, I want to win trophies here, that is what I want."

"There's a very good squad here and we want to fight for titles and win titles," he told the Arsenal Player website.

"The club has made a big step to sign players to have a better team and meet the expectations of the fans. And I am very happy to be part of the programme.

“Last season was great for me in Cardiz CF and I believe this season with Racing Santander will be greater than last season in terms of performance and goal scoring abilities.

“I believe the club can go back to La Liga next season because most of the players have the experience already and being of the team is a plus for me to gain more exposure of top level.”

No comments:

Post a Comment