Saturday 28 April 2012

Marseille, Bremen battle for ODIBE


Ligue 1 outfit Marseille and Werder Bremen are the latest top clubs battling for the signature of Nigerian defender Michael Odibe who plays for Arsenal Kiev of Ukraine.
It was reported last week that some clubs are already on the queue for the lanky defender who shone like millions of stars in the Ukranian top flight , and now Marseille, Werder Bremen, Saint Etienne were open to offering the Nigeria international a route out of either France or Germany following his impressive performance.
According to a source close to the player in Ukraine, he said: "Some clubs are coming to Ukraine, specifically to Arsenal Kiev and that has brought doubts on the future of Odibe who could be on his way out of the club if the offers are reasonable. But I can authoritatively reveal to you that Marseille and Weder Bremen are the surest clubs looking for Odibe right now".
 The source also revealed Fulham and Shaktar Doneskt are also in the race to sign the player but there are no official negotiation yet.
"After he scored his 4th goal of the season, Fulham and Shaktar came for negotiation but it was unofficial through an agent but with the way things are going, he may end up playing in either Germany or France if he choose to leave the club for now."
after the conversation with his close source, 9jasoccerboys contacted Odibe in a telephone conversation to hear his own side of the story but he (Odibe )insisted that he is currently enjoying the challenge of consistent playing time with Kiev but did admit that he would one day like to play in one of the top clubs like Arsenal FC of London.
"Yes, I love everything here because I was given the chance to prove myself and that was the reason why I could give my best. “Sincerely speaking, I don’t know where my future lies as I’m speaking with you. I just hope to keep my fitness and focus but I wanna play at the top level next season," said Odibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment