Thursday 29 September 2011

ONWUACHI: Eagles coaches denied my debut

Former Juventus striker Benjamin Onwuachi has finally broken silence on his international career, pointing fingers to head coaches of the Nigeria national team for not inviting him to play for his fatherland.

The 27-year-old prolific striker began his career in Regiana academies in Italy 2002, but had  opportunity to play for Juventus in 2003 following his 420,000 where he played only one game scoring one goal for Juventus FC.

"I had a good dream of playing football, and I am still thanking God for what I have achieved in the game. "A lot of people advised me to quit Juventus in 2003 because of the star studded team, and I took the advise as a young lad who have a lot to prove. 

"I had a good relationship with my senior colleague, I was advised by Trezeguet and Lilian Thuram to move to a club where I will be playing consistently before coming back to Juventus but my dream of going bank to Juventus was not materialized".

In October 2007 Onwuachi returned to Nikaia, at Ionikos, at a point where the club campaigned for a promotion in the Super League Greece. That year he played in 27 games and had 14 goals, so that he ranked 3rd in the scorer list of the division! Unfortunately the club did not achieve promotion to the first division. In the match against PAS Giannena which Ionikos won 4–1, Onwuachi scored 2 goals.

"I am an experience player who can always score goals at the much needed time, I never regretted my decision in playing every clubs I stepped into. I am a born to score striker, I have established myself at the early stage of my career and I really thank God for everything.

On 20 August 2009 he signed a 4-years contract with the newly promoted inSuper League  Greece team of AO Kavala. His first season with his new team, was excellent because he became 4th in top scorers of Super League Greece, scoring 10 goals. In August 2011, FIFA canceled his contract with the club after they failed to pay his salary for two consecutive months. On 25 August he signed with AEL Limassol in Cyprus.

"Coming to play in Cyprus was never a regret for me, I need to be happy at all time, I think am finding my joy back here, I got injured last season but I am back now, I want to help my team and also to remain at the top form throughout the season. Everything is going well for me here and I wish to top scorer list. That is my dream for now.

Speaking further on the national team debut, he said: "I don't know why I was not invited into the Super Eagles team, I think is the coach and association that denied me but I never see it as grudges because I can still be useful to them in the future.
Onwuachi has safe a lot life through his foundation both local and international and a lot of Nigerians in the four cardinal of the country have benefitted from his foundation.

"My foundation is to safe the live of so many less privileged people in the country. I think that is my part of giving back to the society where I came from. I am a proud Nigerian even though I was not recognized to wear the green white green colors but I am proud of myself and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment