Wednesday 20 July 2011

EUROPA CUP: DOMINIC, CHIBUIKE OUT TO BURY HONKA'S DREAM

BK Hacken of Sweden players Chibuike John and Dominic Chatto have vow to bury the dream of their opponent in playing in the final Europa Cup slot as both teams clash in Finland for the second leg of the Europa cup qualifiers.

The Nigerian duo are of the advantage having pip their visitor last week in Sweden 1-0, which is not good enough for the Sweden based club BK Hacken if they slip off against their Finnish opponent Honka FC who also paraded another Nigeria Dudu Omagbemi, on Thursday.

According to Chibuike, the 22 years old attacking midfielder who has played 14 games in 15 matches for his club this season said they are going for nothing than victory in Finalnd, also disclosing that they are in good shape to reach the final round of the stage.

"I want to help my team to play in Europa cup, and that is why am looking towards victory against Honka. "Really, they played good game against us in our home and they made it difficult for us before we could even score the lone goal but i believe we can bank on our current form to end their dreams. Chibuike explained

Chibuike has been a prominent player in the Hacken's team and has been a target of major European club but insisted that a move to one of the best league in the world is possible if he is to leave sweden after the season. But despite his consistent playing which has caught lots of attention to be rated as one of the finest attacking midfielder in the league, he's yet to be invited into the national, and has query the team selection.

"I don't know the criteria in playing for the national team but i think I have overdue for the call up. I am playing very well week in week out for my club and I have won so many individual awards here but I don't know why I have not been consider good for the National team.

Similarly, Dominic Chatto, 25 years old defensive midfielder who has also enjoy a rave of the news like Chibuike said he's ready just his other colleagues in the team to help Hacken to victory.

"I have played in the country before, i have a good record there and I will be glad to take out victory in the country where I was once the best player for two years.
"Nothing good for us than victory. We are capable of making record in this team and I will be happy to see this team who has given the opportunity to excel in the country in Europa Cup final. 

2008 Finnish player of the year also reckons that there is need for the Super Eagles as well as the Dream Team coach to have a look at what they are doing in their clubs for a chance in the national team.
"I think for any player to be invited into national team must be playing regularly for his club. I believe if that is the case,we deserve a call up. I was invited in 2008 Olympic Games by Siasia and I will really be happy to see the invitation once again. I have what it takes to solve the defending problem of the team. I know a lot of good players occupy that position but a trial will convince the coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment